More accurate translation numbers!

So, I’d been thinking about how much of the game is actually translated since counting files in pretty inaccurate. Some files only have a few lines, while some files are thousands of lines long.

 

I could translate ten files in a day if they’re short, but one long file could take weeks to translate, so I figured it’s better to know who many lines I’ve actually translated.

So I wrote a program in Python that calculates that for me.

It reads all of the files in the patch, determines how many total lines there are and how many are in English. It then calculates a percentage of untranslated lines to translated lines.

 

So, check out the .hack//Link page to see the updated and more accurate numbers. You’ll have a better idea of how far along we are.

 

Advertisements

One thought on “More accurate translation numbers!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s